Sharing a network folder containing files along with Windows permissions is an easy way to ensure users can only open the files and folders they are natively allowed to open.
Process of enabling virtual shared files:
- Authenticate as different users to ensure each user has permissions granted and restricted based upon authority. An IT administrator can do this by right clicking folders of the shared drive and reviewing Security tabs.
- Test permissions and restrictions.
- Install VirtualWorkstation software
- Configure Virtual Gateway Host computer/server to allow for file explorer application. Then change the users my documents profile on the Virtual Gateway Host computer (local profile) to map to the shared drive // path.
- Test access and security from remote or virtual computer connection or workstation.